Your personal details enable us to send you information about our products, respond to a specific enquiry you have and to provide you with products and services for which you apply.
When you fill out our online enquiry forms, we ask for your contact details so that we can deal with your request as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We will not sell, share, license, trade, or rent your personal information collected on the Sites to other partners or third parties. If however you were directed to the Sites by one of our strategic partners, we will share information with that strategic partner only.
What information about me is collected on the Sites or through your internet products?
Who operates the Sites and where are your servers located?
Cookies, Tags and Personal Information
Are the Sites designed for use by children?
When do you disclose information to third parties?
Is the information collected secure?
What choices do I have regarding the collection, disclosure and distribution of Personally Identifiable Information?
What if I want to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
Who do I contact if I have any privacy questions?
1. What information about me is collected on the Sites or through your internet products?
We collect two types of information: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you ("Personally Identifiable Information"). Such Personally Identifiable Information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birth date (primarily for eligibility purposes) and bank details.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information includes user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Sites. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help us understand who uses the Sites and to improve and market the Sites in general.
2. Who operates the Sites and where are your servers located?
OneFamily operates the Sites and our servers are located at our offices at 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL and Hornbeam Park Avenue, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8XE.
FAMILY NEST is a trade mark of Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited, and is not in any way affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by or in any other way connected with NEST Corporation, which is the official body responsible for the operation of the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST). NEST Corporation’s website can be found at www.nestpensions.org.uk.
3. Cookies, Tags and Personal Information
We do not make any attempt to find out the personal identities of people visiting the Sites.
If we do want to collect Personally Identifiable Information through the Sites, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We have the ability to retain information that you provide on an application form, even if you do not submit your application. In order to help improve our customer experience we may use the details you have left to contact you about your application.
Cookies, Tracking and Tagging
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the cookie file on your computer's hard disk. Cookies enable users to navigate around the Sites and (where appropriate) enable us to tailor the content to fit the needs of visitors who have accessed the Sites.
Some cookies only stay on your PC for the duration of your visit to the Sites - these are session based cookies and expire when you shut down your browser. Others are known as 'persistent' and remain on your PC for a fixed period of time - minutes, months or indefinitely.
There are different types of cookie which do different things, such as allowing efficient navigation around the Sites, remembering preferences and improving your overall browsing experience. Others can be used to measure the number of site visits and most popular pages users visit. Cookies can also be used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests - we do not use these types of cookies.
There are four classifications of cookies - strictly necessary, performance, functionality and targeting.
Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions on how to do so in the "Help" section of the toolbar.
More information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org and in the ICC UK Cookie Guide.
Our web pages may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on the Sites. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simple tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users. We do not disclose any of your Personally Identifiable Information to our advertising partners.
We also use analytical tools to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Sites (including your IP address) is transmitted to the analytics provider who uses the information to evaluate visitors’ use of the Sites and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Our analytical tools may track individual logged-in users during their time on the site. The identifier used to track individual sessions is anonymous, non-personally identifiable and cannot be used by any third party to identify or access any personally-identifiable information.
We will not (and will not allow any third party) to use these statistical analytics tools to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to the Sites.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are using the information collected by MouseStats to analyse how users interact with our website in order to improve our online service. You can choose to disable the service at http://www.mousestats.com/optout
Through third party referral programme operators and others, we offer referral programmes whereby referral websites can earn advertising revenue through enquiries and sales completed on the Sites. To track the earning of such advertising revenue, and to determine the effectiveness of the referral programmes, the users who request an information pack or apply online are tracked using technologies such as cookies or action tags that do not use Personally Identifiable Information. Our programme operators and the referral websites themselves can only access Non-Personally Identifiable Information such as data relating to the number of impressions served, the number of transactions completed, and their resulting advertising revenue. They cannot access our customers' personal data.
We also collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Sites. This information may be used to analyse trends, to administer the Sites, to monitor the Sites' use, and to gather general demographic information.
Email a Friend/Email Friends and Family to add to Account
Through our ‘Email a Friend’ or ‘Email Friends and Family to Add to Account’ tools on the Sites, we will automatically send your friend(s)/family a one-time email containing the information you request to be sent. If you elect to use the ‘Email a Friend’ or ‘Email Friends and Family to Add to Account’ tools, we will collect from you Personally Identifiable Information about your friend(s)/family, which you have provided, such as your friend's name and email address. We will not store this information anywhere on our systems, it is collected only to enable us to send the email and is then removed. We recommend, however, that you make sure that your friend or family member wants to receive emails from you regarding materials on the Sites.
Posting Pictures, Comments or Material to the Sites
You may post pictures/photographs, comments and other material (Content) to us for publication on the Sites. Please choose this Content carefully.
In posting Content you should always:
- Respect the rights and privacy of others
- Report anything which may cause offence
- Report anything suspicious.
Any Content posted must not:
- Contain your own personal information or that of a child (if applicable)
- Include any mention of specific individuals, companies, brands or products for promotion purposes
- Contain any third party trademarks or material including, but not limited to, photographs/images without the express written permission of said third party
- Contain details of or information about specific individuals without their consent
- Contain photographs where permission has not been granted for use in the
- Contain offensive, obscene or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material
- Contain any material which is not legal, decent, honest and respectful
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party
- Endorse any form of hate, hate group or terrorist activity
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law
- Support any particular political party or affiliated group
- Directly promote or speak negatively about any particular faith, political action, legislation or party, or promote or encourage the violation of any law
- Promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
- Relate to controversial subject matter or any subject that is contrary to the interests of OneFamily.
In each case, the above will be determined by OneFamily in its absolute discretion.
OneFamily reserves the right to correct, to delete and to sanction any Content that it considers to be in breach of these terms.
OneFamily Foundation website
An online profile will be set up for anyone who registers to become a member of the OneFamily Foundation Online Community. This allows members to vote and comment on Community Awards featured on the site. A member’s username and any uploaded profile picture may be viewable by other users of the site alongside any comments made by that member.
4. Are the Sites designed for use by children?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The way the Sites and our Internet Products are laid out ensure they are not directed at individuals under the age of 16. We urge all parents or guardians to participate in their children's exploration of the Internet, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
5. When do you disclose information to third parties?
Laws and Legal Rights
We may disclose your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the Sites or the general public.
Third Parties Generally
We may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted (i.e. Non-Personally Identifiable Information detailed above), including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Sites. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Sites, or the activities that visitors to the Sites engage in while on the Sites. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Sale of Business.
6. Is the information collected secure?
We want your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to remain as secure as possible. We strive to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers through industry-standard techniques. To help ensure the integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us via the Internet at the time you elect to request an information pack or apply online, the OneFamily Site uses Secured Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting such Personally Identifiable Information over the Internet to our servers. We secure the Personally Identifiable Information you provide on servers located in controlled, secure environments, protected from unauthorised access, use, or alteration.
The OneFamily Site also incorporates 128-bit encryption technology so the information being passed between you and us cannot be read or understood by unauthorised persons. We transmit data with your permission to authorised 3rd parties using 192-bit AES encryption.
Notwithstanding the above commitments to protect your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
7. What choices do I have regarding the collection, disclosure and distribution of Personally Identifiable Information?
You can always contact us in order to:
- update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information,
- verify what Personally Identifiable Information we maintain about you,
- change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us.
Anyone contacting us for details of the information we hold on them will have to verify their identity (or we will take reasonable steps to verify their identity). We reserve the right to make a small charge as prescribed by current legislation for such a request.
We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable legislation in relation to the disclosure of any information.
8. What if I want to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
Occasionally we may want to contact you via telephone, post or email. Customers can opt in or out of marketing communications when applying for an investment, policy or account, or when signing up for various services. If when applying or submitting a request you do not indicate that you wish to opt out of these communications, you will be indicating your consent to receive such marketing communications from ourselves and any other companies as indicated in the application/request process.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our email communications you can by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our email communications.
If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing communications via other contact methods, or you wish to contact us for any other reason please contact us here.
Uses of Data
This section provides details on how we obtain and use your information, the security of your data and how we disclose it.
1. How do we obtain information about you?
OneFamily receives information about you from a number of sources. The main sources are directly from you (or your parent/guardian or registered contact), via an application or correspondence, or from third parties.
2. How do we use your information?
To provide you with a high quality service we will use your information to:
- identify and maintain records of your investment and membership,
- respond to any query that you may raise with us,
- update our systems to enhance the service we provide to you.
3. We may also use your data to:
- inform you about carefully selected services offered by OneFamily or any of the selected partners with which we work,
- record or monitor telephone conversations between us for your or our protection or for our internal training purposes,
- monitor our customer service and provide training (we may also disclose information to third party agencies who may carry out such monitoring and training).
4. Security of your data
- We will not seek to obtain or hold information about you which is excessive for our purposes,
- We will endeavour to keep any information about you secure, up-to-date and accurate (to achieve this, please inform us if your details change),
- After we have finished providing services to you we will keep records of your account for a limited time to enable us to respond to any subsequent queries that you or any third party may raise with us.
5. To whom do we disclose your data?
- We may disclose information concerning you or your investments, policies and/or accounts to third parties to whom you reasonably request that we pass such information or to whom you authorise us to pass information,
- We may also pass information concerning you or your investments/policies/accounts to a third party whom we reasonably believe to be acting with your consent. If you have specific concerns about such disclosure, you should let us know,
- We may disclose information about you to third party agencies for credit checking purposes,
- We may disclose information about you to reputable third party organisations who will process your data on our behalf,
- We may disclose information about you to judicial, fiscal or regulatory authorities who request that we provide such information,
- We may disclose information about you to our subsidiaries or partners for marketing purposes.
You have certain rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. The most important of these rights are set out as follows:
- You may request (in writing) details of the personal information that we hold on you and the purposes for which it is held. Your request will be met within 40 days and we will usually provide such details to you by way of a photocopy or computer printout. Provision of such information may be subject to an administration charge (as permitted by the relevant legislation). Please put “Subject Access Request” in the subject to help us get your request to the right person.
- You may request at any time in writing that we stop using information about you for the purpose of informing you about our services; if you believe that our use or our potential use of information that we hold about you may cause you (or any other person) substantial damage or distress, you may contact us in writing and request that we cease using the information for a particular purpose.
- We may use automated software to process information about you and (where applicable) make decisions affecting our relationship with you. You have the right to ask us in writing to ensure that any decision which significantly affects you is not based solely on automated means (i.e. that such a decision involves an element of human intervention). You also have the right to be informed when such automated decisions take place.
By email: [email protected]
Attn: Privacy Coordinator/Data Protection Officer
16-17 West Street