CTF to Junior ISA transfers

You can be sure your child's money is in safe hands.

Can you transfer a Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA?

Children who received a Child Trust Fund (CTF) voucher were not eligible for a new Junior ISA. But you can still open a Junior ISA for them by transferring the money from their Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA.

OneFamily are happy to accept transfers from Child Trust Funds with a value of more than £500, and we won’t charge you for making the change. Before deciding to transfer over to us, though, you should check if your current provider has any charges.

Transferring a CTF to us is simple. All you have to do is fill in one of the transfer forms below, send it to us and we’ll do the rest.

How our Junior ISA works

Invests in stocks and shares

Our Junior ISA invests in stocks and shares because we believe this is the best way to make your child's money grow.

Although we know that good performance in the past doesn't guarantee good returns in the future and, because the account invests in stocks and shares, its value can fall as well as rise.

Anyone can pay in

Like the Child Trust Fund, the Junior ISA allows family and friends to pay in any time as long as the combined payments don’t go over the £4,260 maximum this tax year.

Anyone paying into the Junior ISA should remember that the money is a gift to the child. Only they can access it and only when they’re 18 years old.

Tax efficient

The tax treatment of the Junior ISA is the same as the Child Trust Fund, so there’s no income tax or capital gains tax to pay on the final amount.

Of course, tax advantages depend on individual circumstances and may change in the future.

How to make a transfer

  • Get a good understanding of how our Junior ISA invests by reading the Important Information booklets, Key Information Documents and fund factsheets for our two fund choices below.
  • Choose which account you want to invest in – the OneFamily Junior ISA or the OneFamily ethical Junior ISA.
  • Download and print the relevant transfer form.
  • Complete the form and send it to FREEPOST ONEFAMILY

If you prefer, you can call us on 0800 616 695 and we'll post you a transfer pack. Once we receive your form, we'll arrange the transfer for you.

What if my child has a OneFamily CTF?

If your child already has a Child Trust Fund with OneFamily, we’ll continue to look after it with the same care with which we treat our Junior ISAs.

But if you really want to transfer a OneFamily Child Trust Fund to a OneFamily Junior ISA, all you need to do is download the transfer form and send it on to us.

Choose a Junior ISA

You can can transfer your child's CTF into one of two funds. Both invest in stocks and shares, but in different ways. Which one suits you best?

Family Balanced International Fund

'Balanced' because the fund invests in other areas, as well as stocks and shares, which could reduce your potential losses, but could also mean smaller gains.

'International' because it invests overseas as well as in the UK. If you prefer a broader range of investments that spread the risk, this could be the right choice for you.

Important Information booklet

Key Information Document

Fund Factsheet

Transfer form

Family Charities Ethical Trust Fund

Only buys shares in companies with a responsible outlook on social, ethical and environmental issues. Mainly UK shares, in the top 50 companies listed on a selected ethical index.

If you want to invest in companies actively working towards environmental sustainability, this could be the one for you.

The selective nature of this fund means that it can be more sensitive to rises and falls in the stock market.

Important Information booklet

Key Investor Information document

Fund Factsheet

Transfer form