If you are struggling to log in, we’ve compiled some tips which might help you.

Home > Help and Support > Maturity help and support > What happens if my child doesn’t have the capacity to take over their CTF at 18?

What happens if my child doesn't have the capacity to take over their Child Trust Fund (CTF) at 18?

The first thing you need to do is let us know. You can give us a call on 0344 8 920 920 or log into your online account to send us a message.

Once we’re aware, we'll work with you to find a secure way for your child to access their money.

We do this on a case-by-case basis, but it is likely that we’ll ask you for some documents which you may already have, such as NHS letters or local authority assessments. We’ll likely need an official document that gives your name in relation to the person named on the Child Trust Fund.

We can give you more details once we’ve spoken to you.

Our call centre is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.