Home > Child Trust Fund > Confirming your identity – proving your address

Confirming your identity - proving your address

To keep your account secure we sometimes ask for proof of your identity. If you’ve been asked to send us some documents, here’s what you need to do.

What do we need from you?

Before we can send you your money, we need to see something that confirms your address.

We recommend not sending original documents because we can't guarantee their safety while they're on their way to us. But, we're happy to accept photocopies.

Make sure you read the instructions below carefully to avoid delays in getting your money!

Documents we can accept

So that we can confirm your identity, we need to see one document from list A or two documents from list B.

Note: all documents need to show your name and current address

Note: any bills or letters must be dated in the last 6 months


List A
Bank/Saving account statement HMRC Letter
Provisional Driving Licence Full Driving Licence
Utility Bill DWP Letter
Mobile phone bill Motor insurance
List B
Confirmation from work, school, university on headed paper confirming name address and details of employment / student / residential status Jobcentre plus letter
Hospital /doctor letter Tenancy agreement
UCAS letter

Documents not in English?

We're happy to accept documents that aren't in English, but we will need to see a translation. And, photocopies of translations must be certified by the translator.

What’s our address?

Once you've got your documents, find an envelope and a stamp and send it to us at:

CTF Maturity Team
16-17 West Street

What happens next?

We'll let you know as soon as we've received all the documents we need and have updated our records. We'll keep any photocopies that we receive unless you ask us to return them.

A womans face covered by luminescent question marks.

Liked this article? You may also be interested in...

Confirming your bank account

We may ask for proof of your bank account. If you’ve been asked to send us some documents, here’s what you need to do...

Read more