Other funding options

You may want to consider other areas where you could be eligible to receive funding

Search tools

Turn2us - is a national charity that aims to help those people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services via their website and helpline. Find out more

Family Action Educational Grants - Family Action offer grants to individuals looking to unlock their educational potential by participating in further education and offering them support throughout their studies. Find out more

Government finance and support for business - the government offers funding and support for businesses including grants, finance and loans, business support and funding for small and medium-sized businesses. Find out more

Energy grants calculator - you might be eligible for help paying your energy bills or to improve your home by finding ways to make it more energy efficient. Find out more

Child costs

Family Holiday Association - a national charity providing seaside breaks and day trips for families and founded on the belief that holidays are a lifeline, not a luxury. Find out more

Breaks for Kids - a discretionary fund that supports disadvantaged young people. Funding may be available for schools or groups who have a provisional booking with a Youth Hostel in England or Wales. Find out more

3H Fund - Helping Hands for Holidays help individuals with a disability enjoy a memorable and fulfilling holiday away from the stresses and strains of their difficult, confined everyday existence. Find out more

Sure Start Maternity Grant - if you’re expecting your first child or a multiple birth (eg twins) and you already get certain benefits, the government offer a one-off payment of £500 towards the cost of having a child. Find out more

School Meals – your child may be able to get free school meals if you claim certain benefits or they get certain benefits in their own rights from the government. This is available in England and Wales only. Find out more


Carers allowance If you look after someone with substantial caring needs then you could be entitled to a Carer’s Allowance of £62.10 a week. Find out more

Personal Independence Payment You may be entitled to claim PIP to help with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you are aged between 16 and 64. Find out more

Family Fund The UK’s largest charity for providing grants for a wide range of items for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Find out more

Attendance Allowance If you’re aged 65 or over and are physically or mentally disabled you could claim Attendance Allowance to help with personal care. Find out more

Disability Living Allowance for children DLA is a tax-free benefit for children under 16 who are living with a disability that affects their mobility. It contributes towards the cost of care and mobility. Find out more

Motability Motability is a national charity that helps people get more mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair. Find out more

A woman on a mobility scooter with a dog on a lead.

Work and education

Flexible Support Fund Available at each Jobcentre Plus, the FSF aims to give support, including training, childcare and work clothes to help you find a job.
Find out more

Princes Trust Helping 13 to 30 year olds with the practical and financial support they need to transform their lives by developing key skills to get them into work, education or training.
Find out more

A lady sits smiling at a desk, with a copy of 'Grammar for English Language Teachers' in the foreground.

Other expenses

A man and woman stand on their back doorstep.

Government Funeral Payments If you’re on low income and need help paying for a funeral you’re arranging you could be eligible for a Funeral Payment to help cover the costs. Find out more

Home Heat Helpline The HH Helpline gives advice to people worried about paying their energy bills and keeping warm in the winter. They give advice on grants, benefits and payment schemes available. Find out more

Budgeting Loans A Budgeting Loan could help pay for essential items such as furniture, clothes, moving costs or hire purchase debts. It’s an interest free loan that you normally repay within 104 weeks. Find out more

Home Improvement Agencies HIAs help elderly, disabled and other vulnerable people make adaptations to their homes and give support and advice to older homeowners who need repairs or improvements made. Find out more

Cold Weather Payments If the temperatures in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be zero degrees Celsius or below for 7 consecutive days you may get a CWP if you’re claiming certain benefits. Find out more

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get in touch

Call the Foundation team on

  0800 37 30 10*

or email us at

  [email protected]

*Our telephone lines are open 9am - 7pm,

Monday to Friday and 9am - 1pm Saturday.

Calls may be recorded, monitored and used for training and compliance purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers are normally free from UK landlines and mobile phones.

General FAQs

You might be nearer to the answer than you think - so before you pick up the phone, check out our FAQs to see if we've already got the answer.

Frequently asked questions

Personal Grant FAQs

Interested in our Personal Grants and looking for more information? Have a look at our Personal Grant FAQs page.

Personal Grant FAQs