The York-based Benenden Healthcare Society and Harrogate-based Engage Mutual today unveil a new partnership to deliver and further develop the ‘Benenden Health Cash Plan’ – a health cash plan product exclusive to Benenden Healthcare members.
The partnership comes at a time when mutuals are being promoted by the Government as an important model in the provision of improved public services.
Marc Bell, Marketing & Business Strategy Director at Benenden Healthcare said:
‘We welcome a partnership with Engage Mutual enabling us to offer an improved cash plan product and deliver a better service to our members.’
‘Mutual organisations have a major role to play in the provision of public services. This link between our two organisations will be of great benefit to the network of mutuals and strengthen our mutual ethos.
Andrew Haigh, Chief Executive at Engage Mutual said:
‘We are delighted that we will be working in partnership with Benenden Healthcare, and helping push the mutual agenda to the fore. Now, more than ever, people want to do business with organisations that understand their issues and put the customer first, which is what being a mutual is all about.’
The Benenden Health Cash Plan is exclusive to members of the Benenden Healthcare Society aged 17-65 years and provides cash back for a range of everyday healthcare treatments including optical expenses, dental treatments, some complementarytherapies, grants for the birth or adoption of a child, grants for overnight stays in hospital and day surgery and world-wide personal accident cover.
The partnership will bring together two well-known mutual organisations of the Yorkshire region. Engage Mutual has supported Saint Michael’s Hospice for more than 15 years, and works to improve levels of financial capability among young people. As sponsors of the Engage Super League since 2005, Engage Mutual has also provided help and assistance to a number of rugby league charities. Benenden Healthcare sponsor significant community events such as the York Community Pride Awards and Copmanthorpe Carnival. Benenden Healthcare also recently won ‘The Press’ ‘Large Business of the Year’ award.
Both organisations are active in the mutuals network through the Association of Financial Mutuals and Mutuo, whilst Benenden Healthcare is also a member of
Engage Mutual will become the provider of the Benenden Health Cash Plan, which is marketed by the Friendly Healthcare Organisation Limited, a subsidiary of The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited. The Benenden Health Cash Plan covers over 30,000 lives and is expected to grow further in 2011.
For further information on Engage Mutual please contact:
Kathryn McLaughlin, PR Manager
Tel: 01423 855245/mobile 07794 283788. [email protected]
For further information on Benenden Healthcare Society please contact:
Neil Barnes, New Media & Community Relations Executive, [email protected], 18002 0845 052 5767 or Paul Keenan, External Affairs Manager on 0845 052 5796, [email protected]
Notes for editors
The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited
Founded in 1905 and based in York since 1990, Benenden Healthcare Society is one of the UK’s longest serving and most respected mutual healthcare societies.
Winner of ‘Large Business of the Year’ at 2010 York Press Business Awards
The Society has a membership of more than 930,000 and provides a range of discretionary healthcare services to public sector workers and their families as well as employees and members of organisations whose aims and objectives are compatible with those of the Society, including charities, co-operatives, credit unions and other mutual organisations.
Our social media communities:
1. Engage Mutual Assurance (EMA) is a trading name of Homeowners Friendly Society Ltd (HFSL), Registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered number 964F and its wholly owned subsidiaries, Engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL), registered number 3224780, Engage Mutual Services Limited (EMSL), registered number 3088162, Engage Mutual Administration Limited (EMAL), registered number 4301736 and Engage Health Holdings Limited (EHHL), registered numbers 7112411, all of Hornbeam Park Avenue, Harrogate HG2 8XE and Engage Mutual Insurance Limited (EMIL), registered in Gibraltar number 100605 of Montagu Pavilion, 8-10 Queensway, Gibraltar. EMA is also a trading name of Engage Mutual Health (EMH), registered number 515058 of 14 St Cuthbert’s Street, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK40 3JU, a wholly owned subsidiary company of EHHL.
2. HFSL, EMFL and EMH are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). HFSL’s Register number is 110072, EMFL’s FSA Register number is 181487 and EMH’s FSA Register number is 202311. EMIL is authorised to conduct general insurance business by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and is regulated by the FSA for the conduct of UK business. EMIL’s FSA Register number is 485680. You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA’s website www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do, or by contacting the FSA on 0845 6061234. Engage Mutual investment Funds ICVC is an investment company with variable capital, Registered in England Number IC00044. EMSL is an appointed representative of EMIL. EMAL, EMSL and EHHL are non-regulated wholly owned subsidiaries of HFSL.
3. Engage Mutualis one of the larger UK mutuals providing simple, value for money savings, protection and investment products. It currently helps over 475,000 customers of all ages to protect, preserve or enhance their welfare, with some of the most straightforward products on the market. Engage Mutual prides itself on being a family-oriented, modern mutual, providing products that help enable households of all kinds to plan their finances to help meet their future needs. More information on Engage Mutual is available at www.engagemutual.com
4. Engage Mutual supports mutuality through links with the Association of Financial Mutuals and Mutuo.
5. EngageMutual has been the title sponsor of the Rugby Super League since 2005 and has extended its agreement to 2011.
6. EngageMutual announced its entry into the health cash plan market in July 2008 following an agreement of partnership with Wakefield & District Hospital’s Contributory Scheme (WDHCS). Further to this, 30,000 health cash plan customers transferred from Premier Health Benefits (part of WDHCS) to Engage Mutual Insurance Limited.