Jackie Chapman, Jessica Brooksbank and Donna Rogers were nominated by colleagues from among 150 staff to receive the accolades, which are presented annually to reward excellence. The awards reflect the values and philosophy of the Yorkshire-based mutual, which provides a range of simple, good value savings, life insurance, and health cash plans. The winners received a bottle of champagne and cheque for £150.
For more information contact:
1. engage Mutual is based in Harrogate and is a member of the Association of Mutual Insurers (AMI), which represents 98% of mutual insurers in the UK. AMI has 38 member organisations which represent 19 million policyholders and £84bn in policies. Mutual insurers currently provide 1.9 million of the child trust funds in the UK
2. engage Mutual Assurance is a trading name of Homeowners Friendly Society Ltd (HFSL), Registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered number 964F and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, engage Mutual Funds Limited (eMFL) and engage Mutual Insurance Ltd (eMIL). Both HFSL and eMFL are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). HFSL’s Register number is 110072, eMFL’s Register number is 181487. eMIL is authorised to conduct general insurance business by the Financial Services Commission Gibraltar and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business. eMIL’s FSA Register No is 485680. You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA website www.fsa.gov.uk or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
3. engage is one of the larger UK mutuals providing simple, value for money savings, protection and investment products. It currently helps over 420,000 customers of all ages to protect, preserve or enhance their welfare, with some of the most straightforward products on the market. engage prides itself on being a family-oriented, modern mutual, providing products that help enable households of all kinds to plan their finances to help meet their future needs. More information on engage Mutual is available at www.engagemutual.com
4. engage supports mutuality, friendly societies and the regional financial services industry through links with the Association of Mutual Insurers, the Association of Friendly Societies, Mutuo and Leeds Financial Services Initiative.
5. engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) is a provider of the Child Trust Fund direct and in partnership with organisations including Yorkshire Building Society and Scarborough Building Society.
6. engage Mutual has been the title sponsor of the Rugby Super League since 2005 and has extended its agreement to 2010.
7. engage Mutual announced its entry into the health cash plan market in July 2008 following an agreement of partnership with Wakefield & District Hospital’s Contributory Scheme (WDHCS). Further to this, 30,000 health cash plan customers transferred from Premier Health Benefits (part of WDHCS) to engageMutual Insurance Ltd.
The information in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons to make financial decisions.