A fun raffle of ‘spare’ and ‘less suitable’ Christmas presents that included a belly dancing outfit, a duck radio, and loan of a piece of ‘artwork’ produced by a member of staff took place at the end of January. engage chefs also marked the event with a special lunch, with the proceeds contributing to the £426 total raised.
The cheque was presented by Finance Development Manager Linda Thacker to Saint Michael’s Fundraising Events Manager, Luci Gill at the launch of the Midnight Walk 2009. For the second year in a row, engage is proud Title Sponsor of the event.
Saint Michael’s Chief Executive, Tony Collins, commented:
“We are very grateful for the generous and continued support of engage. Over the last 15 years engage has helped us to provide quality, specialist support to thousands of local families living with terminal illness and grief.”
“Their latest donation will help us to continue responding the increasing numbers of people from across the district who are requesting our help”
engage recently became a member of Saint Michael’s Guild of Patrons, a select group of local businesses publicly committed to securing the future of the Hospice, and helping the charity achieve its mission to care for twice as many people by 2012.
For more information contact:
notes to Editors:
1. engage Mutual Assurance is a trading name of Homeowners Friendly Society Ltd (HFSL), Registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered number 964F and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, engage Mutual Funds Limited (eMFL) and engage Mutual Insurance Ltd (eMIL). Both HFSL and eMFL are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). HFSL’s Register number is 110072, eMFL’s Register number is 181487. eMIL is authorised to conduct general insurance business by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business. eMIL’s FSA Register No is 485680. You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA website www.fsa.gov.uk/ or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
2. engage is one of the larger UK mutuals providing simple, value for money savings, protection and investment products. It currently helps over 420,000 customers of all ages to protect, preserve or enhance their welfare, with some of the most straightforward products on the market. engage prides itself on being a family-oriented, modern mutual, providing products that help enable households of all kinds to plan their finances to help meet their future needs. More information on engage Mutual is available at www.engagemutual.com
3. engage supports mutuality, friendly societies and the regional financial services industry through links with the Association of Mutual Insurers, the Association of Friendly Societies, Mutuo and Leeds Financial Services Initiative.
4. engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) is a provider of the Child Trust Fund direct and in partnership with organisations including Yorkshire Building Society and Scarborough Building Society.
5. engage Mutual has been the title sponsor of the Rugby Super League since 2005 and has extended its agreement to 2010.
6. engage Mutual announced its entry into the health cash plan market in July 2008 following an agreement of partnership with Wakefield & District Hospital’s Contributory Scheme (WDHCS). Further to this, 30,000 health cash plan customers transferred from Premier Health Benefits (part of WDHCS) to engage Mutual Insurance Ltd.