The visiting group, which included 20 specialists from 14 different countries, including Australia, China, Brazil, India and the USA, spent time in London before travelling to Leeds. Hosted by Leeds Financial Services Initiative, they received presentations and met members of the city’s legal and financial community before visiting Engage Mutual in Harrogate to learn about the role of the mutual in today’s financial world.
Chief Executive at engage Mutual, Andrew Haigh commented:
“We are extremely pleased to be part of a strategic event seeking to raise the international profile of the Leeds city region and beyond, and in a small way, to put Harrogate on the financial services map. The region has much to be proud of, and this visit reflects that.”
A leading provider of savings, investment, health and protection products, engagefocuses on helping families make the most of their finances. 160 staff are employed at the Hornbeam Park Head office and a further ten in Wakefield, servicing its health cash plan business.
notes to Editors:
1. engage Mutual Assurance is a trading name of Homeowners Friendly Society Ltd (HFSL), Registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered number 964F and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, engage Mutual Funds Limited (eMFL) and engage Mutual Insurance Ltd (eMIL). Both HFSL and eMFL are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). HFSL’s Register number is 110072, eMFL’s Register number is 181487. eMIL is authorised to conduct general insurance business by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business. eMIL’s FSA Register No is 485680. You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA website www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
2. engage is one of the larger UK mutuals providing simple, value for money savings, protection and investment products. It currently helps over 420,000 customers of all ages to protect, preserve or enhance their welfare, with some of the most straightforward products on the market. engage prides itself on being a family-oriented, modern mutual, providing products that help enable households of all kinds to plan their finances to help meet their future needs. More information on engage Mutual is available at www.engagemutual.com
3. engage supports mutuality, friendly societies and the regional financial services industry through links with the Association of Mutual Insurers, the Association of Friendly Societies, Mutuo and Leeds Financial Services Initiative.
4. engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) is a provider of the Child Trust Fund direct and in partnership with organisations including Yorkshire Building Society and Scarborough Building Society.
5. engage Mutual has been the title sponsor of the Rugby Super League since 2005 and has extended its agreement to 2010.
6. engage Mutual announced its entry into the health cash plan market in July 2008 following an agreement of partnership with Wakefield & District Hospital’s Contributory Scheme (WDHCS). Further to this, 30,000 health cash plan customers transferred from Premier Health Benefits (part of WDHCS) to engage Mutual Insurance Ltd.