Getting to grips with some of the online social sites can help you to connect with people who have similar interests or friends that you may have lost touch with. We’ve found a whole bunch of social networking sites to help you get started.
- Silversurfers – connect with people from similar walks of life
- Yahoo Groups – join groups for pretty much every interest/hobby going
- Meetup – Meetup helps you to connect with people in your community to try something new
- seniorchatters – a place to chat, create personal blogs and join group forums
- Buzz50 – a dating site for over 50s
- 50connect – living life to the full, health, entertainment, food & drink, finance and more!
- Dogster – a site dedicated to dog lovers
- Catster – a site dedicated to cat lovers
- Hell’s Geriatrics – invites you to grow old disgracefully
- The Oldie – an online newspaper for over 50s
- Modern & Mature – a site aimed to help you make the most of your golden years
- olderiswiser – branded as the ‘social networking site for grown-ups’
- Never Mind The Bus Pass – a site aimed at those of us who don’t feel our age
- Gransnet – a website specifically aimed at grandparents
- Over50sForum – a place to chat, share and make friends
- Forces Reunited – a place for ex-servicemen to find old friends
- Friends Reunited.co.uk – the place to find old friends and new
- OverFiftiesFriends - a social networking and dating site for over 50s
- funatfifty – an online dating site for over 50s
- fiftyplusforum – a forum to discuss interests and chat to others
So if you’re stuck in a rut or just fancy reaching out to like-minded people, try any of the above sites. If you’d like more tips on technology and how to stay in touch with others, read our stay-in-touch technology tips.
Note: Whilst we take care to ensure Hub content is accurate at the time of publication, individual circumstances can differ so please don’t rely on it when making financial decisions. OneFamily do not provide advice so it may be worth speaking to an independent financial advisor about your own circumstances.